MT Aerospace and ArianeGroup sign development contracts with ESA for enhanced Ariane 6 composite upper stage technologies
- MT Aerospace and ArianeGroup are signing two contracts to demonstrate maturity of all enabling technologies for a new lightweight, cost-optimized, versatile Ariane 6 composite upper stage
- PHOEBUS is a project to validate technologies and concepts for an optimized upper stage on Ariane 6
Bremen, May 6, 2019. ArianeGroup and Arianespace today announced the start of production of the first 14 serial models of the European carrier Ariane 6 launcher in a joint announcement.
MT Aerospace AG is the largest supplier to the Ariane program outside France.
The most important points from the ArianeGroup and Arianespace press release:
- Arianespace orders the first series models of the Ariane 6 from ArianeGroup.
- Together with the European industrial network, ArianeGroup starts production of the first 14 Ariane 6s, which will be in operation in parallel with the last ten Ariane 5s from 2021 to 2023.
- The first series production models of the Ariane 6 will leave the Ariane Group's plants at the beginning of 2021.
- Ariane 6 is a programme of the European Space Agency ESA. The maiden flight is scheduled for 2020 as part of the development contract.
More information in this press release.
Augsburg, May 02nd 2019.With today's final burst test, the Augsburg-based aerospace company MT Aerospace AG, a subsidiary of the listed technology group OHB SE (Prime Standard, ISIN: DE0005936124), has successfully completed the development of a further carbon fibre reinforced rocket motor housing (CFK booster).